Terms and Conditions
- Before booking onto the course, please ensure the course will meet your training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated.
- If a course registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named candidate, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
- Upon receipt of your booking form, and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT
- 50% deposit will secure your place on the course and release the pre-course learning materials (where applicable)
- Full payment must be made 7 days prior to the commencement of the course.
- A candidate will not be permitted to join a course that has not been paid for in full.
- All courses are subject to VAT at the current rate.
- Course fees include tuition on the day/days, all relevant course materials, lunch and refreshments.
- JOINING INSTRUCTIONS
- Joining instructions sent via the email address provided on the booking form including dates, times, venue details will be issued approximately two to four weeks prior to the course.
- If you have not received your joining instructions three days prior to the training course, please call 0800 1777 344.
- CDT will not be held responsible for non-receipt of joining instructions and refunds will not be issued under such circumstances.
- COURSE TRANSFER
- The customer can nominate another person to attend the training course in place of a registrant at any time up to 72 hours before the training start date
- All requests for transfers must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- CDT reserves the right to refuse training to any person who attends a training course in place of an original registrant who has not been transferred in accordance with these provisions. This will be treated as a late cancellation by the customer.
- There is no charge for transferring your booking to the same course on an alternative date provided you notify the CDT in writing up to 21 days before the start and if there is availability. However, a transfer fee of £30 (plus VAT) will be payable if the notice is received less than 21 days before the start of the original course.
The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
*excluding extenuating circumstances which will be charged at CDT’s discretion.
|Calendar days’ notice before the start date of the course||Refund applicable|
|Between 15 and 28 calendar days (inclusive)||Full refund minus a £30 plus VAT administration fee|
|Between 14 and 7 calendar days (inclusive)||50% refund minus a £50 plus VAT administration fee|
|Less than 7 calendar days||No refund given|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no refund given|
- If you fail to attend the course on which you are booked without giving prior notice to CDT, we will be unable to refund the course fees or offer a transfer.
- EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES
- If you are unable to attend any of the course due to extenuating circumstances you must inform CDT in writing.
- If you were unable to attend due to illness you must provide evidence in the form of a doctor’s note.
- CANCELLATION BY CDT
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of CDT, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor.
- CDT reserves the right to cancel a training course for any reason upon provision of a minimum forty-eight (48) hours written notice to the Customer.
- The Company shall use reasonable endeavours to reschedule the Training course to a mutually acceptable date. In the event an alternative date is not available within three (3) months of the date of the cancelled training course, Company shall refund the value of any Course Fee received.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course CDT reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by CDT, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible.
- CDT shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- DRESS CODE
- For MOT courses – Safety boots are a necessity and bump caps are advised.
- For MOT courses – Hi Viz jackets will be issued.
- COURSE PROVISIONS
- A cold lunch is provided on all full day courses unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted.
- Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to CDT in advance of the course commencing.
- HOTEL ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL
- Where agreed due to venue restrictions CDT will place candidates in Bed and Breakfast accommodation.
- CDT will not be responsible for any other meals
- Travel to and from the venue/accommodation will be the responsibility of the client.
- During the training course, the customer shall procure that the registrant complies at all times with the directions given during the course together with the company’s health and safety policies posted around the premises where the training course takes place.
- Any safety equipment and/or protective clothing which the registrant is required to bring to the course will be specified in the joining instructions and the customer will provide this and ensure that it is fit for its required purpose.
- CDT reserves the right to postpone or suspend a training course at any time if it considers there to be any risk to the health or safety of any person or risk of loss or damage to any plant, machinery, equipment or material. In such circumstances, CDT will seek to reschedule the training course to another date
- CDT shall be entitled, in its sole discretion, if it deems it necessary in the interests of safety (whether to protect personnel, property or otherwise):
(a) to require a registrant to leave a training course;
(b) to refuse a registrant entry to a training course.
- CDT shall have no liability to the customer or registrant for any action it may take in accordance with this clause. Training courses are conducted in English and registrants must be able to read and understand English. The Company reserves the right to refuse a registrant admission to a training course if a registrant cannot speak and understand English to the standard required by the Company.
- FORCE MAJEURE
- CDT shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
- DATA PROTECTION
- CDT shall comply with all relevant provisions of the Data Protection Act and do nothing which causes, or may cause, the company to be in breach of its obligations under the Act.
- In particular, to the extent that the company acts as a data controller in respect of any personal data pursuant to these terms, CDT shall only process such personal data to the extent necessary to enable it to fulfil its obligations under these terms.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All copyright, design rights and other intellectual property rights used, created or embodied in or arising out of or in connection with the training course, including the training course Materials remain the sole property of CDT and the customer shall not and shall ensure that the registrant shall not dispute the ownership of such rights.
- Any materials and information (in whatever form and including the training course materials) provided by CDT in connection with the training course shall not be copied, distributed or made available in whole or in part to third parties or re-used and shall be used only to enable the registrant to properly participate in the training course. Subject to the aforementioned, registrants are entitled to keep, for their own use only, any training course materials provided to them.
- COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
- If CDT fails to comply with its obligations under the contract, the customer should advise CDT in writing giving details of the reasons why it believes CDT has not complied with its obligations under the contract.
- CDT shall acknowledge the customer’s complaint in writing within seven (7) working days of its receipt and thereafter, reply to the complaint in full within thirty (30) working days of its receipt. The parties’ representatives shall use all reasonable efforts to resolve the complaint satisfactorily.
Effective from September 2016. Please note these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without notice.
Chiltern MOT Consultants Ltd
First Floor, 216 Bellingdon Road, Chesham. HP5 2NN
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
48 New Road,
Company Number 12141435